I'm sure everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve bash and here's wishing you a very Happy New Year from my side.

My New Year celebration was good. I was in Pondicherry on the rocky beach with fireworks in the background and drunken dudes and racy Tamil music around me. The first minute into the New Year was pretty scary because everyone on the beach went crazy. While some hugged and kissed others find some peculiar ways of celebrating. A bunch of guys would jump on you out of nowhere screaming and running and only after they pass by do you realize that they were actually wishing you but in their own way (they were pretty scary). We actually planned to ride out to Pondy on our bikes but sadly that wasn't possible so we had the Indian warhorse - Tata Sumo to rely on. Travel tip: Auroville which is about 10kms from the main city is an interesting place to visit more because of what it signifies rather than the place itself. We ended up visiting twice because the first time around we weren't allowed inside. For beach people Pondy is a major disappointment. There are only two beaches of repute - Rocky beach and Auro beach. Rocky beach is exactly that, rocky. I mean it's more of a corniche rather than a beach and it's a place you can walk along not a place where you jump into the water. Auro beach is pretty decent but my only standards for comparison are the beaches in Goa and there Auro beach fails miserably. So if you are actually looking to do beach stuff, Goa is definitely the place to go. What I found nice in Pondy is the relaxed atmosphere and European feel. If the weather had been a little cooler, it would definitely seem like a quaint town in Europe to me.

Coming into the New Year I have realized some things.

I need to work out and soon. Otherwise I am going back to the times of my school days where I set record highs. So one of my resolutions would be to join a gym foremost and then workout at least 4 hours a week to start out with.

I need to realize where I am going in life. I need some more education under my belt but what I can't figure out is what kind. I mean do I want to do an MBA, if so from where? Do I want to pursue something else abroad? Yes, but what I have no clue. I better figure this one out quick.

I need to plan my money because it's the time to start doing the taxes. There are so much of technicalities involved that I will have to dig deep. Hopefully this will be an interesting and informative experience.

I need to get a place of my own. I love staying with friends and stuff but having something of your own is unbeatable.

I also need better office timings. I work from 10:30 am to 8:30 p.m. and this leaves me with no time to do other stuff like say meet friends who are in town or visit people etc. I don't see much happening on this front for the time being though.

Hmm.... it feels nice to list out things you need to accomplish. It's easy to write bulleted list but getting them done is a damn. Let's see what 2007 has in store.

Alert: Jan 7th 2007, is the day of the Macworld Expo in San Francisco and being an Apple Freak this is something I have my eyes glued on. For a taste of what's in store this is what Apple's teaser had to say "The first 30 years were just the beginning. Welcome to 2007."

Jan 7th is also the day of the Indian Bike Expo being held in Delhi. Hopefully there will be some new launches and announcements that I can look forward to.